FC6 - openoffice and remote print failures with cups

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Fri Mar 30 23:17:48 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-31 at 00:00 +0100, Tim Waugh wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 16:54 -0500, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> > a local printer is picked the print tab button is active.  If a remote
> > printer is picked the print tab button is inactive which prevents
> > printing.
>
> Are those remote printers raw queues (i.e. no PPD)?
>
> Tim.

All of them are different types of PCL/Postscript printers HP8150N's or
Toshiab E35, E45 copier/printers.  I set up with the standard Fedora
cups choices related to pcl printer types.  I did not use any custom
PPD's