Can't start X?

Knute Johnson knute at frazmtn.com
Fri Mar 30 23:29:20 UTC 2007

>On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 10:09 -0700, Knute Johnson wrote:
>> I don't think this had anything to do with my problem but I loaded
>> the Fedora 7 live cd to play with it.  Then when I went to restart my
>> computer X wouldn't start.  I had the Livna nvidia driver loaded and
>> working just fine.  Now I can't get it to start even with the nv
>> driver.
>>
>> Any idea where I should start?
>>
>> Thanks,
>There are two options. Look in /var/log/Xorg.0.log
>
>Or what might be better, change to init level 3 and start X with startx
>Then check the error messages.

I figured out what I did, actually what stupid thing I did.  I was
playing around with all the options for selinux and reset a couple of
them.  Selinux is what is keeping it from starting.  If I disable
selinux X works perfectly.  The problem is, I don't know how to put
the selinux options back.  I can't start X with selinux enabled and
the program you use to set all of the options doesn't have any
options with selinux disabled.  I'm in a conundrum.

Is there any way to reset to default all of the selinux options
without having selinux enabled?

Thanks,

--
Knute Johnson