How

Kelly lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 03:45:17 UTC 2007

On Friday, March 30, 2007 11:34 pm Carroll Grigsby wrote:
> On Friday 30 March 2007 10:28:01 pm Arthur Giles wrote:
> > Hi How do you open a PDF with Evince when it is not in the right cilck
> > menu? I can not get it to open with the open with dialog box.
> > Thanks
>
> Arthur:
> Here the open-with menu has an entry "Document Viewer", and that calls up
> Evince. (I'm using KDE, but I think it's the same in Gnome.)
> -- cmg

In KDE, you can simply type the name of the program (in this case, evince)
right into the bar at the top, and it'll work.  I don't really understand why
GNOME doesn't have something similar for the command-line people who are used
to thinking in low-level commands (I almost always use the command-line
command name instead of the menu name if I'm searching for something).

--
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ - Get Firefox!
http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/ - Reclaim Your Inbox!