Problem with firefox opening new windows

Gordon Charrick gordonmc at cox.net
Sat Mar 31 16:13:58 UTC 2007

Has anyone else seen this problem? I've got the latest firefox

Occasionally, if I left click on a link, instead of FF opening the link
in the current window, it will open a new window maybe 75% of the size
and open the link there. This window has no decoration other than a
titlebar. The "main" FF window acts like a program that is hung somewhat.

The nasty thing is that if I click on the X in the upper right corner to
close the new child window, it completely kills FF, even if there are
several tabs open. I can generally refresh the page and the window goes
away and open properly in the main window. It's really annoying and I
can't reproduce it at will but it does happen often.

Gordon