Intel Pro Wireless 3945

Steven Stern subscribed-lists at sterndata.com
Tue May 8 21:57:26 UTC 2007

Oliver Ruebenacker wrote:
>     Dear Friends,
>
>  Some weeks ago, my employer gave me a Dell Latitude D820 Laptop with
> an Intel Pro Wireless 3945 adapter. I installed FC6 and tried to make
> the wireless work, but eventually got the impression that one has to
> be a Fedora developer to be able to do that.
>
>  Then I heard that under F7, it would be "much easier". So I upgraded
> to Fedora 7 Test 4. There are some glitches, especially that the mouse
> seems to click on things by itself, but I am not aware how making the
> wireless work has become easier. So what exactly got easier?
>
>  Thanks!
>
>     Take care
>     Oliver

I just put FC7T4 on my Sony with the same basic wireless setup.  It
stays connected for about 30 seconds then won't reconnect without a
reboot. I'm going to wait for FC7 release to try again. For the mouse
pad, install the package "gsynaptics" via YUM.  It will let you control
the touchpad and stop phantom clicks.