FC6 Hams??

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Mon May 14 07:50:47 UTC 2007

2007/5/14, Fred Erickson <frederickson at iname.com>:

> On Fri, 2007-05-11 at 19:23 +0200, antonio montagnani wrote:
> > Any Ham is using FC6??
> >
> > I installed Hamlib, I could find the only rig control program was
> > Grig, that I had to cmpile and install from a tar file. Any Rpm
> > around?
> > And then they worked together, but Grig is not very advanced in
> > comparison with some Windows program
> >
> > Any experience???
> > Tnx
> > --
> > Antonio Montagnani
> > Skype : antoniomontag
>
> Hello Antonio,
>
> I see your message was posted Fri & no one has answered yet. I can't
> give you an answer either - my rigs were built BC (before computers) so
> I've never had the chance to try any control programs.
>
> You might ask on the IRLP lists. There is a Yahoo group. IRLP has used
> Red Hat, Fedora, and now CentOS for the longer life. Someone there may
> be able to help.
>
> 73
>
> Fred
>

> --

tnx Fred for your answer.
I am looking for a rig control program (frequency, mode, etc.) similar to
Ham Radio Deluxe in Windows (see http://www.ham-radio.ch ) that is working
quite well on connetction to my Icom.
Grig cannot be compared. While I found Gpredict very promising.

But I am going out of subjetc of the list...
Rgds

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag