Where Fedora Went Wrong (nice conclusion)

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed May 16 01:47:18 UTC 2007

Mauriat M wrote:
> On 5/15/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> You can choose to help.
>
> Must I contribute to expect a somewhat stable and useful general
> purpose operating system?
>
> -Mauriat

I would say yes. One example would be the issue regarding extra printer
entries being pulled in by HAL. If we work around the problem and do not
report it to the package maintainer/developers, the bug never gets
attention to be corrected.

This workaround instead of reporting the problems is most likely because
most have some experience with proprietary OS systems and old habits are
hard to interrupt from. Fedora is freely available software so freely
submitting problems you notice will help clean up the product.

Regarding Fedora and its direction. I see the distribution changing for
the better in reliability and with ease in getting new programs
installed and configured. I run FC6 and development and feel the
reliability of development is not as rocky a road as it once was from
RHL to FC timespan.

Jim
--
Your analyst has you mixed up with another patient.  Don't believe a
thing he tells you.