FC6 shutdown launcher missing

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Mon May 28 21:02:30 UTC 2007

On 5/28/07, Beartooth <Beartooth at swva.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 27 May 2007 20:42:10 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
> [...]
> > Is it possible that gdm has something to do with the availability of the
> > shutdown button within gnome?
>
> How do I check?
>
> > I'm curious about why the option is not available within GNOME.
>
> It is, on all other machines. I run only Gnome.
>
> And the first thing I do, after any fresh install, is a few minimal panel
> tweaks, one of those always being to add both a shutdown launcher and a
> logout launcher, along with a Main Menu, a terminal, a workspace
> switcher, and a drawer full of browsers.

Most of the tweaks are no longer necessary. Shutdown and logout are
under the System menu. Workspace switcher is on the bottom toolbar.
Browsers are under Applications->Internet. About the only fixes are to
add terminal to the panel and install nautilus-open-terminal package
to restore opening a terminal via mouse right-click of the desktop.