98SE under Xen

David Fletcher fc at fletchersweb.net
Tue May 1 10:12:47 UTC 2007

This may be a silly question, but I can't find an answer from Google
and I've not yet used Xen.

My problem is that I want to make up some home made printed circuits
using a very old pen plotter that I've adapted to do the job.

The CAD software I use, which is called Vutrax, does the job with
Windows 98 but not XP because it needs direct access to the control
registers of the serial port, and I've no longer got a machine running 98.

If I was to build a new machine with one of the new processors that
can do proper virtualisation, would I be able to give a 98SE VM full
access to the serial port control registers to enable me to run the plotter?

Dave F