Really REALLY slow computer

zephod at cfl.rr.com zephod at cfl.rr.com
Wed May 2 12:50:16 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2007 10:57 pm
Subject: Re: Really REALLY slow computer
To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list at redhat.com>

> On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 06:17 -0700, zephod at cfl.rr.com wrote:
> > This is immediately after boot up, (Immediate isn't the right
> word as
> > it takes ~45mins to boot and log in) Is this normal?
>
> Forty-five minutes?  NO!

Yup, 45 mins!

It starts to boot OK but really bogs down when it gets to INIT and then
udev times out which takes about 10mins. I was hoping the 2.6.21 kernel
was going to help but it did not. Everything seems to function OK when
it finally boots but it juuussssttt ttttoooo ssslllooowwww. AAAAGGGGHHHH!

Steve