Problem installing latest Livna NVidia packages

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu May 3 03:24:47 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 11:16 -0600, Phil Meyer wrote:
> # yum clean all

I always dislike that advice, it's using a sledgehammer to crack a
walnut.  For those who want to keep their cache, they lose a lot,
especially if they're unfamiliar with what that'll do.  And they'll have
to download quite a lot of headers, the next time they do a yum update,
for yum to work out dependencies.

It's a very fair bet that unrelated packages, that'll get wiped out that
way, have nothing to do with whatever problem the user was trying to
resolve.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.