uninstall python script?

Morgan Read mstuff at read.org.nz
Fri May 4 01:02:02 UTC 2007

Chris Mohler wrote:
> On 5/3/07, Morgan Read <mstuff at read.org.nz> wrote:
>> Hi Folks
>>
>> I've been unfortunate enough to try installing a python script to find
>> it doesn't work, only then to find there's no uninstall command - at
>> least not obvious to the uninitiated.
> [...]
>
> Try 'python setup.py install --help' - IIRC there's an option in there
> somewhere.

Hi Chris

What am I doing wrong - there must be something obvious I'm missing in here?

[root at morgansmachine rdiff-backup-1.1.9]# python setup.py install --help
Global options:
  --verbose (-v)  run verbosely (default)
  --quiet (-q)    run quietly (turns verbosity off)
  --dry-run (-n)  don't actually do anything
  --help (-h)     show detailed help message

Options for 'install' command:
  --prefix            installation prefix
  --exec-prefix       (Unix only) prefix for platform-specific files
  --home              (Unix only) home directory to install under
  --install-base      base installation directory (instead of --prefix or --
                      home)
  --install-platbase  base installation directory for platform-specific
files
                      (instead of --exec-prefix or --home)
  --root              install everything relative to this alternate root
                      directory
  --install-purelib   installation directory for pure Python module
                      distributions
  --install-platlib   installation directory for non-pure module
distributions
  --install-lib       installation directory for all module distributions
                      (overrides --install-purelib and --install-platlib)
  --install-headers   installation directory for C/C++ headers
  --install-scripts   installation directory for Python scripts
  --install-data      installation directory for data files
  --compile (-c)      compile .py to .pyc [default]
  --no-compile        don't compile .py files
  --optimize (-O)     also compile with optimization: -O1 for "python
-O", -O2
                      for "python -OO", and -O0 to disable [default: -O0]
  --force (-f)        force installation (overwrite any existing files)
  --skip-build        skip rebuilding everything (for testing/debugging)
  --record            filename in which to record list of installed files

usage: setup.py [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2 [cmd2_opts] ...]
   or: setup.py --help [cmd1 cmd2 ...]
   or: setup.py --help-commands
   or: setup.py cmd --help

[root at morgansmachine rdiff-backup-1.1.9]#

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Morgan.
--
Morgan Read
NEW ZEALAND

fedora: Freedom Forever!
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview

"By choosing not to ship any proprietary or binary drivers, Fedora does
differ from other distributions. ..."
Quote: Max Spevik
       http://interviews.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/08/17/177220

RMS on fedora: