Keep a console to be like rhgb

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Fri May 4 07:29:09 UTC 2007

On Fri, 4 May 2007, Leo wrote:

>>> In /etc/sysconfig/mkinitrd, include the line,
>>>
>>> 	MODULES="intelfb"
>>>
>>> (create it if it doesn't exist).  Then rebuild your initrd.  With that
>>> config file set up, future kernel installs will automatically build
>>> intelfb into the initrd.
>>>

>> Matthew, this seems like a good trick. However is it possible to set the
>> module parameters in the same file?
>>
>> I found out the intelfb is now loaded but has no effect in the
>> resolution at all.
>
> ping?

Sorry, I saw it answered elsewhere in the thread.  You can put options in
/etc/modprobe.conf, then rebuild the initrd again.  Leave the line in
/etc/sysconfig/mkinitrd and the options in /etc/modprobe.conf to have them
used when new kernel rpms rebuild the initrd.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu