[fedora-list] - yum-allowdowngrade doesn't work

Davidson Rodrigues Paulo davidsonpaulo at gmail.com
Fri May 4 12:45:20 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to make Yum downgrade some packages but there is no way to
make this feature work. I'm using yum-allowdowngrade, as follows:

$ sudo yum --allow-downgrade upgrade [package]

and

$ sudo  yum --allow-downgrade install [package]-[version]

None of the above work. The only way to downgrade a package is
download the RPM (I'm using yumdownloader for that) and manually
downgrading it by using:

$ sudo rpm -Uvh --force [rpmfile]

I hope yum-allowdowngrade is not useless, so, if someone know any
missing configuration/procedure that can be the source of my problem,
I would be happy to know that.

Regards,

Davidson Paulo

PS.: I'm thinking on pkgpolicy=newest, on yum.conf, as a possible "guilt"...