Home Lan with D-Link DI-604

Carlos Alberto Alves drcaa at predialnet.com.br
Fri May 4 21:08:13 UTC 2007

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Mike McCarty wrote:
>> Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>>> Looking at the DI-604 manual, you should have no problem assigning
>>> static IP addresses to your machines using the router's DHCP setup.
>> I use a DI-604, and I simply disabled DHCP and set up static IP
>> on my machine. Why use DHCP in order not to use DHCP?
>>
> It works fine if all your machines are going to have static IP's.
> But I have a few laptops that drift in and out of here that need
> DHCP on the other networks they connect to, so it works out better
> to let leave them set up for a dynamic IP address, and give them a
> fixed address when here. (I could set up different network profiles
> for different locations, but this works well for me.) I also
> sometimes have "guest" machines on the local network, and I don't
> have to reconfigure them. Now, I could set up all the servers with
> static IP addresses outside the range of DHCP addresses and that
> would work as well. I do this with a couple of print servers on the
> network.
>
> Mikkel

Hi Mikkel!
Now my lan is working fine, following your instructions and IFCONFIG. I
have just to set up Guarddog to give permissions to lan.
Thanks very much,  ;-)
* Carlos Alberto Alves                       *
* Rio de Janeiro, Brazil                     *
* Skype: carlos-aa                           *
* mailto:drcaa at click21.com.br                *
* mailto:drcaa at predialnet.com.br             *