Still trouble with Livna NVidia drivers

Stewart Adam s.adam at diffingo.com
Sat May 5 22:59:57 UTC 2007

Hi Matthew,

I think I discovered why this has been occurring. livna-config-display,
the new library developed to edit various configuration files keeps a
status file in /etc/sysconfig/livna-config-display that it uses to
"remember" various things such as the driver to restore on shutdown and
your glx configuration (Xgl, AIGLX, None or manual).

We don't have a script to auto-generate this file, so if the driver is
disabled before livna-config-display is installed it never gets saved
properly and that's why the error shows up when trying to enable...
Can you try placing the following text
into /etc/sysconfig/livna-config-display:

[Configuration]
active = True
olddriver = nv
preconfigured = aiglx

[ManualOptions]
composite = True
gdmxgl = False
aiglxflag = True
compsite = True
kdmxgl = False

If the errors stop then it confirms my thoughts.

Thanks,
Stewart