ATI tv out

Fernando Apesteguía fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com
Sun May 6 11:34:44 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have a ATI mobility radeon 9700 using FC 6. I would like to use the
S-Video output to connect my laptop to my TV. I can do this with
Windows :S

With linux, in pure console mode, I can press the switch button in my
laptop but the image I get in the TV is only B&W. If I try to do this
in graphical mode (let's say with GNOME) I can see only noise (most
likely a problem with the refresh rate I guess.)

Can anybody give me some clues to do this? Some manual or similar? I
know about "gatos" but it's not in Fedora repositories (and I think it
is a bit old, isn't it?)

Thanks in advance.