fc6 and floppy drive

John john at johnsdesign.net
Sun May 6 21:05:58 UTC 2007

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-05-05 at 13:02 -0500, John wrote:
>
>> I need to transfer some files via floppy; it now seems that the drive
>> can't be accessed- though it shows up in hwbrowser. I just upgraded
>> the
>> kernel (don't have the version handy), though I'm using KDE/fc6. Any
>> suggestions?
>>
>>              John
>>
> How have you tried to access the floppy. Have you tried any of the
> mtools without mopunting the floppy.
> For example what does: mdir a:/
> return? are the flopies foprmatted as DOS disks.
> If so mcopy should allow you to transfer files onto and off the
> floppies.

  I thought I'd be able to access the drive from Konqueror - no such
luck though. I rt clicked on the desktop and created a shortcut to the
floppy drive- I get this when I try and access the drive--

The desktop entry file
/home/john/Desktop/Floppy Device
is of type FSDevice but has no Dev=... entry.

 Kfloppy lets me format dos disks.

              John