kernel upgrade with yum removed old kernels

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Sun May 6 21:40:37 UTC 2007

Kam Leo wrote (about the installonlyn yum plugin):
> You
> get a maximum of two kernels; that is, if you already have two kernels
> installed then an update will remove the oldest.

I understand that (and in my experience) this is incorrect. The plugin
will not remove the currently booted kernel. So if n=2 (the default)
then an update will remove whichever one you are not booted into.

This may be close enough to what you are looking for. It is intended to
ensure there always is a working kernel available for booting.

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | "Minis on the other hand are just the wrong size. Too
aprilcottage.co.uk | small to work on directly and too large to put upside