kernel upgrade with yum removed old kernels

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun May 6 22:16:46 UTC 2007

Kam Leo wrote:

> By the way, it is unfortunate that the FC5 release note is the only
> place where this is documented. I find no correction in any Fedora
> Core on-line documentation regarding the change in behavior. It
> certainly did not make it's way into the FC6 release notes. If the
> change did not make it into the documentation of following
> distribution and the FC5 on-line release notes were not updated how do
> end-users get informed?

I think that the job of the release notes to most part is to convey
information on what has changed on that release compared to the previous
one. Continuing to carry forward all relevant changes that might be
useful might make it too long for anyone to bother to read. We already
ran into the problem in FC5. This is at the moment a attempt to find
balance.

If you got better solutions, suggest them.

Rahul