Hiding NFS mounts on desktop

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon May 7 04:48:35 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 17:56 -0400, Patrick wrote:
> quick note in case someone runs across this in the archives. My
> fstab is not exactly as above, it is:
> "server:/foo/bar /mnt/foo/bar nfs nousers,auto,nodev,rw 0 0"

For what it's worth:

nouser is a default setting, I didn't see a nousers option.

auto is a default setting, and so is rw, and the 0 0, though it does no
harm to specify them.  It's probably quite useful to include them, if
you're reading the file, yourself.  It saves you from remembering what
the defaults are, though you have to remember that there are some other
defaults being applied, as well.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.