Anyone using Audacity?

Joe Smith jes at martnet.com
Mon May 7 13:52:41 UTC 2007

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Can you go back to 1.2.4-0.2.b.lvn5 and try to reproduce the problem?
> http://wftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/livna/fedora/5/i386/audacity-nonfree-1.2.4-0.2.b.lvn5.i386.rpm
>
> There's also Audacity 1.2.6 at Livna (mirrored here):
> http://wftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/livna/fedora/5/i386/audacity-nonfree-1.2.6-1.lvn5.i386.rpm
>
> Further, what do you get for
>
>   rpm --query --whatprovides libwx_gtk-2.4.so.0
>   echo $LANG

$ rpm --query --whatprovides libwx_gtk-2.4.so.0; echo $LANG
compat-wxGTK-2.4.2-21.fc5
en_US.UTF-8

Yow! 1.2.4-0.2.b.lvn5 works perfectly, even with my large project (55'
now); 1.2.6-1.lvn5 has /exactly/ the same UI problem.

Running 1.2.6 as "LANG=C /usr/bin/audacity" doesn't help.

BTW, both of those also have correct sizes for labels in the canvas
area. Every Fedora version I can remember has oversized labels that run
into other controls and make the UI hard to see.

In fact, it may be that the UI delay is also associated only with the
canvas are as well. Certainly the menus work normally. Scrolling,
selecting, moving a track--anything that updates the canvas--has a big
delay.

Thanks a million for the mirror links.

Let me know if there's something else to check.

<Joe