kernel upgrade with yum removed old kernels

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 7 22:57:40 UTC 2007

Kam Leo wrote:

> When code gets inserted into a Fedora Core distribution it is no
> longer upstream.

That's a strange definition unless you meant it is not just upstream
which then is just a general observation not very relevant to the
discussion.

When downstream distributions inherit code upstream project still have
it and will continue to evolve. In Fedora we try and stay in sync
however there are other reasons why some distributions prefer to
backport more or fork on occasions.

At any rate, the point is that a coding standard on Fedora specific code
that does not go upstream which is a very small amount wouldn't make
much of a difference on the overall quality of the distribution.

> The installonlyn plugin is meant to fix a perceived yum user problem.

It is not really tied to the package manager but the policy on updates.

> I may have used too broad a brush by linking the Red Hat employee who
> wrote this code with Fedora Core.

Right. It is Fedora now. Core and Extras are no more.

Rahul