named problem

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Tue May 8 15:23:36 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 08 May 2007 09:17, eng.waleed wrote:
> Hi
>
> My named service when some domain is not available for small time
> does not resolve it again until I restart it (it is some thing
> like if it caching it as unavailable) how can I cancel that
> please advice
>
> BR

Take a look at your ARM (Administrator Resource Manual) usually
found in /usr/share/doc/bind-your_version/arm and look for
something like the following:

max-ncache-ttl

    To reduce network traffic and increase performance the server
stores negative answers. max-ncache-ttl is used to set a maximum
retention time for these answers in the server in seconds. The
default max-ncache-ttl is 10800 seconds (3 hours). max-ncache-ttl
cannot exceed 7 days and will be silently truncated to 7 days if
set to a greater value.

Regards, Mike Klinke