Side topic to: How to burn Fedora DVDs to avoid readahead bug?

Frode Petersen fropeter at online.no
Wed May 9 15:33:03 UTC 2007

Andre Robatino skrev:
>  The problem I'm referring to is only with DVDs, since cdrecord
> continues to work perfectly well with CDs.  The first Fedora DVD ISO I
> burned was just a few months ago, after FC6 came out.  I did some tests
> burning DVDs in various ways and running the equivalent of mediacheck
> (/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/checkisomd5 from the anaconda-runtime
> package) but haven't done a DVD install yet.  Of course it's possible to

And as I understand, the DVDs can't be burnt at all, so no similarity
there. (BTW, the CD image I tried is FC-6-x86_64-boot.iso for internet
install, but the normal DVD gave the same result.)

You have probably tested this already, but when I tried cdrecord, I had
to use -dev=ATA:1,0,0 to specify the drive. It's an IDE DVD-burner.

Frode