Installing ATI drivers

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Thu May 10 22:20:45 UTC 2007

Les writes:

>     We are all doomed to spend many hours every so often updating H/S Ware
> just to keep working, and
> lead the world into a (hopefully) better graphical place.  For now Nvidia
> seems the choice for Linux.

I maintain that the choice is Intel.  Intel's video hardware perhaps will
not get you 1000 FPS in your favorite shoot-em-up, but if you want to play
accelerated 3D games, the last thing you'll want to run is Linux, anyway. If
you need top-notch 3D performance, go boot Windows.  Plenty of 3D games for
Windows, plenty of 3D hardware you can choose from.

Intel video is more than enough to get you reasonable 3D eye candy, and
their hardware will get better over time.  Going with Nvidia today may give
you short term benefits, but that will come at the expense of long term
goals.