vlc audio issues

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri May 11 06:34:57 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 08:39 -0400, James Pifer wrote:
> I use VLC (vlc-0.8.4a-1.lvn5) as my main video player on FC5. I've had
> lots of issues with the audio. If I play a video and try to jump
> ahead, most time the the audio gets choppy, like static. I can reset
> it by disabling and re-enabling the audio, but that's a pain.

I've seen similar things with *some* files with any player that I use
(sound suddenly goes all noisy and crappy if you did anything, even
adjust the volume).  I've always suspected it was the particular files
being badly created more than the player.

"AVI" isn't really a file type, you'd need to find out what encoding is
being used in those AVI containers, for someone to say if they suffer
the same problem.  At best, being "AVI" only suggests that you've got
some sort of audio/video file.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.