Can someone give me a really WORKING yum.conf?

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri May 11 10:52:10 UTC 2007

Deboo ^ wrote:
> How do I know what yum is really doing? Is there a way to fidn out?
>
> Regards,
> Deboo

You might search for information regarding enabling a proxy when using
the CLI. There was discussion a long time ago about the command but I
did not personally need it. There still should be information regarding
the commands needed for the proxy.

Regarding Yum, It works automatically to some extent with the
/etc/yum.repos.d/repository.repo files being installed mostly through rpm.

You might be limited by not having the needed packages on your system
since you said you do not have X installed. You might not have an
important program with only having a command line setup.

Jim

--
That government is best which governs least.
		-- Henry David Thoreau, "Civil Disobedience"