Compaq array configuration utility & SNMP tools on FC6?

Heath Roberts htroberts at gmail.com
Fri May 11 17:51:30 UTC 2007

Has anyone gotten HP/Compaq's linux support tools to load on FC6?

I have a two-processor DL380 G3 and was trying to use the "Support Pack"
from
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/1145_6213.html

but specifically I want the array configuration utility (to manage arrays)
and the NIC agents, which I think are required to get the system fans to
slow down and be quiet.

At first it complained that it wasn't installing on a known release. I tried
to fool it by creating /etc/redhat-release with "Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Server release 5 (Tikanga)" with no sucess--it tries to install now but
complains about the kernel.

Have googled & looked in fedora-list archives & not seen anything on this
issue.

Thanks,
Heath

--