Intel Pro Wireless 3945

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Fri May 11 20:40:02 UTC 2007

Oliver Ruebenacker wrote:
>   I am using NM, with wpa_supp enabled. Should I disable it?

I would.  I don't think there's any good that comes from having it
enabled.  It's likely to just confuse things.

>   How do I configure the device setting when using NM?

I don't think you should need to configure the device specifically.  I
don't have any entries in my modprobe.conf or elsewhere and I have
eth1 as my wireless device.

As far as configuring a connection to some AP, I used the NM applet
(nm-applet is the binary).  It's set to run by default on a Gnome
desktop.  It will work with KDE as well, though there is a KDE
specific applet that probably integrates a little better
(knetworkmanager or something?).

Perhaps you've got some other settings that are causing problems?
I've also shut off the network service, though I'm not positive that
it will cause problems if it's enabled.  But it's definitely not
needed for my system.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.