How to burn Fedora DVDs to avoid readahead bug?

Andre Robatino andre at bwh.harvard.edu
Sun May 13 04:15:15 UTC 2007

  I used the isopad utility to pad a copy of the FC6 DVD ISO, then
burned it to a DVD+RW (the same media I had trouble with before) with
growisofs, then ran some tests.  It works!  It's strange since isopad
appears to use dd to add the padding, and I mentioned in my original
message that when I did this manually, the resulting discs failed to
boot properly (even though they passed mediacheck if I swapped them in
after booting from a different install disc).  There must have been
something wrong with my procedure.  Anyway, this eliminates the need for
cdrecord for DVDs.  Thanks again.