Sound Quality Problem

Guo Lin golvin at gmail.com
Sun May 13 10:39:15 UTC 2007

Thank you for replying.

I play the same mp3 on my FC6 and WinXP on the same PC using the same
speakers. But they sounds really different. I find the music turns crappy in
FC6. I use default settings for the equalizers/mixers etc. For acapella
music, it does not sound too differently between that in FC6 and WinXP. The
'crappiness' of the music is more significant when the drums, bass, etc come
in the music. The music sounds like it is played on old bad speakers.

Sorry for my bad English. I hope you can understand what I am trying to
express. ^.^"

I just found out that when I play the mp3 in mpg321 in terminal, it sounds
as good as it is played in Windows. But when the same song is played using
other players, they sound much worse than that. I do not know what this
could mean but I hope by stating this can help someone to identify the
problem and eventually help me to overcome it. =)