FC4 installaion bogged up WINXP

Deboo ^ knowledgeful at gmail.com
Mon May 14 08:28:14 UTC 2007

I reinstalled FC4 thinking to do a clean text based install and to try
to solve yum problem and report anything here.

I already have debian installed with WinXP as dual boot. I installed
fedora but did not let it install grub when asked. When I got the
normal grub menu after install, I manually put in the parameters for
root, kernel and initrd to boot in to FC4 and it booted fine.

Booting debian also works fine but now when booting XP, it gives an
error saying HAL.dll is corrupted and to resinstall the OS. Now what
did fedora change to make this happen? Is there a solution to this? I
just had reinstalled XP a few days ago and don't want to go in to
reinstalling everything again.

Regards,
Deboo

--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.