Web Development

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 14 13:41:49 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-05-13 at 19:41 +0100, Dave Cross wrote:
> On 5/11/07, Oliver Ruebenacker <curoli at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear friends,
> >
> > I am looking for a web development tool in Fedora. Until now, I have
> > been using the Perl Template Toolkit, and I am wondering if there is
> > something similarly powerful but more convenient.
> >
> > Particularly, what I like about PTT is that I can change a template
> > and then re-generate all pages based on that template to reflect the
> > change (other tools I know of have some sort of templates, but do not
> > support such updates).
> >
> > Plus, I like automatic creation of sitemaps, navigation menus and
> > display of data extracted from files.
> >
> > I WYSIWYG would be nice if it creates clean and not to complicated
> > code (so that it is still conveniently human-readable).
>
> Oliver,
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by asking for something "more convenient".
> Do you realise that the Template Toolkit is pre-packaged for Fedora.
> It's in the Extras repository, so installing it is as simple as:
>
>   # yum install perl-Template--Toolkit
The above yum install line does not work for me in FC6, This rpm is not
installed on my system and yum will not install it.

What is the problem?
"I don't know why, but first C programs tend to look a lot worse than
first programs in any other language (maybe except for fortran, but then
I suspect all fortran programs look like `firsts')" (By Olaf Kirch)
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net