Installing wireless driver for ipw3945

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon May 14 21:01:21 UTC 2007

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 01:25:16AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
>
> >It depends on what you define as official.
>
> I said "official repository". Do you have any doubt in your mind at all
> on what that means?

Well, with a trimmed quote it is never as black and white, is it? You
said:

> # rpm -e ipw3945-ucode. This package is not in the official
> repository.  The official package is called ip3945-firmware. Install
> that instead.

I was more referring to the "official package". Anyway it's moot as
you wrote later on that the "official repository" carries no package
at all, neither an "official package" or otherwise.

I guess I just didn't like being compared as opposite to something
that you several times label as official in the same paragraph. You
won't keep hard feeling towards me because of that? ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net