micro$haft wants your ass

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200705 at gmail.com
Tue May 15 00:03:30 UTC 2007

CH <linux at code-heads.com> writes:
> I agree there!!!  But....what happens if micro$ does win, then what???
> What is going to happen to linux as a whole??  Is everyone running
> servers going to hape to pay micro$??

If the government passes a generally unpopular law, folks tend to
ignore it as best they can.  Witness the modern-day "war on drugs" or
driving 65 in a 55 zone.  Few people think of it in the same way that
they think of theft, murder, or strong-arming as done by organized
crime.  They think of it more as a technical crime against laws that
were passed by politicians that didn't take popular opinion into
account.

Allowing companies to use insignificant and obvious patents that a
bunch of morally corrupt lawyers managed to sneak past the patent
office only works while pro-big-business governments are in power.
Even then, there is a limit as to how much of this nonsense other
countries are willing to go along with. My prediction is that Linux
and FOSS will thrive outside the US, even if they might have to go
underground here for a while.

-wolfgang
Hints for ipv6 on FC6 http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/fedora/ipv6-tunnel.html