HAL is adding extra printers to my printer list.

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Tue May 15 14:04:04 UTC 2007

Hi Tim;

On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 10:12 +0100, Tim Waugh wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-05-12 at 00:50 -0400, William Case wrote:
> > This was a sub-problem I had with my printer problem a week or two ago.
> > Tim asked if I would work with him on fixing it.  At that time I had got
> > my printer working and removed the extra (shadow) printer and so
> > couldn't be of much help.
>
> Hi,
>
> Did we have a bug report to follow this in?  If so, please could you
> re-open it? (If not, please file a new bug report..)

No we didn't have a bug report.  I got it going, you asked for a bug
report but I had wiped out all the evidence, as it were.  The problem
went away for 2 weeks to a month.  It has just returned.

Meanwhile, my printer is bent if not broken.  I have a faulty cartridge
and a huge paper jam to recover from before I would feel comfortable
making a bugzilla report.  (I can't test anything until I buy a new
cartridge).  Right now everything is a moving target and it may all be
cartridge related (I doubt it, but you never know).

If the problem persists after I get a new cartridge and nobody else has
filed a 'shadow printer' bug report, I will.

--
Regards Bill