recent upgrade caused me problems

Eric spamsink at scoot.netis.com
Sun May 20 15:49:24 UTC 2007

At 11:15 AM 5/20/2007, Eric wrote:

<EP>>>>>Now, I have absolutely NO idea what shape my installation is in,
suspect it's not good at several levels, and I don't know what to do about
it other than do a fresh re-install (which as I said this was a fresh
install anyway so in THIS case that's not a big problem).<<<<<

I rebooted back to the original 2.6.18 kernel, and did another "yum -yt
upgrade".

52 files were upgraded, and after that was done, now it will boot with the
new kernel OK.

If I do yet ANOTHER "yum -yt upgrade", I get the following error messages:

error: rpmdbNextIterator: skipping h# 1942 blob size(69648): BAD, 8 + 16 *
il(81) + dl(187288)

I get that message twice, then "No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion"
and the process finishes.

So, maybe it's not in too bad a condition, but what do I do about the
"error:..." messages?