Checkbox for "Install Everything"

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sun May 20 15:55:50 UTC 2007

On Sun, 20 May 2007 11:06:03 -0400
Eric <spamsink at scoot.netis.com> wrote:

> Can we please, Please, **___PLEASE___** have that option back for F7?  It
> makes installation so much easier and faster...

Clearly you missed the discussion wherein it was resolved by the
OCD police that an install everything button is the worse possible
heresy imaginable.

Just possibly they might be willing to provide a button that is
labeled "Pretend I right clicked on every package group and selected
all optional packages on each one", but until you pry their keyboards
from their cold dead hands, you won't get an install everything button.

(Being a heretic myself, this is as sensible an explanation as I
can provide for why there is no install everything button :-).