Checkbox for "Install Everything"

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon May 21 03:31:00 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-05-20 at 21:04 +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > which is a decision that might very well have pushed me over the edge
> > into switching to a new distribution.
>
> Now FC7 has core and extras merged an everything install would be
> borderline insane, if even possible where there are conflicts.
>
> If you just click each of the general groups when you install you instead
> got "all the normal useful stuff" which is rather more sensible.

Ok, so you can have multiple picks instead of "chose one or die"? I hate
to be the one to mention it, but one button *could* do just that? Get
all the "normal useful stuff" and then we'd shut up blissfully unaware
if we really got everything or not.

Marketing. I lied for 26 years to make folks happy and keep them
blissfully ignorant. I'm not saying that your everlasting soul won't get
it's hair mussed. But, just a little <ahem> "compromise" won't send the
devel team on a bobsled ride on greased rails straight to Hell.
Nosirree! I guar-run-tee. You can trust me! <evil chuckles> <POOF!>
<more evil chuckles echo in the far distance> Ric