OT: Requesting C advice

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Wed May 23 18:48:47 UTC 2007

On Wed, 23 May 2007 10:59:26 -0700 (PDT)
George Arseneault <george_arseneault2001 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> What I'm looking for is any advice on where I can get
> this info.  Preferably free docs and how-to's, since I
> don't have the cash to buy any books. (Though, I could
> try the library's inter-branch loan program. My branch
> has no C books and nothing about computers less than
> 10 years old.)

This is my number-one indispensable reference book for C programming:

The Standard C Libarary, by P.J. Plauger, Prentice Hall, ISBN 0-13-131509-9

Perhaps your library could get it for you, but it is really something that you
want to keep close by.  Mine lives on the shelf right beside my computer, along
with several "friends".