New Dell Inspiron 9400: From Vista to Fedora/Vista.

Mark Heslep mark at mitre.org
Wed May 23 19:43:27 UTC 2007

> I have to say, this is wrong. It may have once been true. I just
> used the gparted distro to do this very thing - see my earlier
> post.
>
> http://gparted.sourceforge.net/documentation.php
>
> This is a light fast download and it definitely will allow you to
> resize an NTFS partition as clearly shown in their documentation
> available from the above page

I'm also remembering now that one of the reasons stock partition tools
would not handle NTFS in the past was the sensitivity to MS patents /
copyright on NTFS - something that Fedora/RH avoid but some other
distros disregard.  That's the same reason  you don't get your Windows
file partitions mounted by default on  stock Fedora/RH install and other
distros do.  So I'm curious as to how gparted is now OK w/ carrying NTFS
code.

Mark