Having an Evolution and Mail notification Problem?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu May 24 01:25:02 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 14:59 -0600, Robin Laing wrote:
> What I found was slowing the system down in regards to using filters
> was it took forever to scan the messages and process them.  I am not
> the only person having these issues here.  Even one of our IT members
> has the same issues.

Same here, on Evolution running on all versions of Fedora Core linux
right back to Red Hat Linux.  I did find it a bit quicker to specify the
filtering rules in this sort of manner:

Find
  List of matching rules ...
  List of matching rules ...
Then
  Move to folder ...
  Stop processing

The "stop processing" stopped Evolution from trying to do multiple rules
on the same message, when the first one that hit it would do fine.

The other snag I have with Evolution filtering appears to be the
slowness of my IMAP server.

Like you, I've found it quicker to drag and drop batches of messages,
than let Evolution filter.  I've never found any other mail client to be
as horribly slow as Evolution is.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.