evolution-connector not working

Bob Chiodini rchiodin at bellsouth.net
Thu May 24 11:04:12 UTC 2007

Robin Laing wrote:
> Bob Chiodini wrote:
>> Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:

>>> I guess I''ll wait for Fedora 7 then.  I've done a minimal setup on
>>> this
>>> new laptop in anticipation of upgrading to F7 anyway.
>>>
>>> I'm glad to hear it's working for you in test 4 - bodes well for final
>>> release!
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Ranbir
>>>

>> Ranbir,
>>
>> Does your exchange server allow any other protocols, e.g. IMAP or
>> POP?  IMAP works well with thunderbird and presumably evolution, if
>> it is enabled on the server.
>> I gave up on evolution months ago due to exchange-connector problems.
>>
>> Bob...
>>

> I am using Evolution on FC6 to get my mail off of our Exchange server
> with no IMAP or POP access.  So what ever the issue is, it isn't
> common to all users.  Note, I have found Exchange to be it's own
> problems. This morning (as many times in the past) I couldn't connect
> and I kept getting a "password" error message.  Wait a few hours for
> IT to do their thing and then all is well.
>
> If it wasn't for Exchange Connector, I wouldn't touch Evolution either.

Robin,

It's been too long and I can't remember all of the details.  I seem to
remember the your "password" issue among others, such as, mail not being
seen by evolution when it was there thru the OWA.  We also had problems
with evolution crashing when switching between mail and calendars.  All
of these problems were logged into the novell/gnome bugzilla for
evolution, but never seemed to be resolved.

I am a government  contractor and fortunately there is a large installed
base of UNIX and Mac machines that don't do exchange natively.  Those
pushed IMAPS, POP.  and LDAP (address book).  Other than calendaring, it
works pretty well, sometimes better than my colleagues' Outlook
clients.  I hear a lot of "mouse rattling" and grumbling at the start of
each day while they wait for their initial connections to the exchange
server.  Like right now :-)

In any respect, evolution had some nice features, but for me, they were
out weighted by the bugs.

Bob...