Cursor problem

nachbar no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Thu May 24 14:15:30 UTC 2007

Similar problem: Fedora 6 --> right after udev loads, the screen goes
blank, and then the monitor flashes a "Video Mode Not Supported" box.
 Fixed by renaming /ext/X11/xorg.conf to something else, so that X
uses its defaults (but max resolution is only 800 x 600).  However,
after an auto-update of the kernel, the mouse cursor disappeared.

I put /etc/X11/xorg.conf back, but got the "Video Mode Not Supported"
problem again, so I couldn't use your fix.

However, by just removing the DefaultDepth line in Section "Screen"
within /etc/X11/xorg.conf I got back my X screen AND my mouse cursor,
and the max resolution is 1600 x 1200!

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=168556&topic_id=27463&forum=10#forumpost168556
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster at fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame fedoracommunity at plastic.org.