[Fedora] Re: bind lame servers

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri May 25 04:18:23 UTC 2007

Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
> Ed Greshko wrote:
>> Booooo  Asia bashing again....
>>
>    Okay, so when all the IPs resolve to China, Korea, and Taiwan
> networks, I should really blame it all to Canada, right?  I wasn't
> bashing anyone, I merely stated a fact, they were all coming from Asia
> networks.  Get off your high horse.  If you don't have a solution to the
> problem, don't be the problem.

And I see very similar things coming from Europe (East and West), North
America, and South America.  Is it necessary to single out a region or
country?  No, I don't think so.....

Most of these issues are due to poorly configured DNS servers.  As a matter
of fact, one time I goofed on the configuration of my DNS servers and
someone took advantage of it to flood a network in Sweden of all places.  A
very polite Swede pointed out to me what was happening and I fixed my problem.

You may want to start by contacting the offending ISP's and see if they will
help you track down the problem.

I can now see why parts of the world dislike folks from your neck of the
woods.  Too quick to point fingers.

You could do what most other xenophobic types do and block all IP addresses
from Asia, Africa, and other regions you deem the source of your problems.

Oh, BTW, that was a "suggestion" and not a "demand" as you have proven to
not quite understand the concept.

--
To use violence is to already be defeated.
		-- Chinese proverb