thunderbird empty trash

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri May 25 15:34:27 UTC 2007

François Patte wrote:

> Robin Laing a écrit :
>> Akemi Yagi wrote:

>>> Not sure if this helps at all but won't hurt.  Right click Inbox and
>>> select Compact This Folder.  This will delete all the "deleted" files
>>> from
>>> your Inbox.
>>>
>>> Akemi
>>>
>> Another method if this doesn't work.
>>
>> Close TB and delete the Trash and Trash.msf files in the
>> ~/.thunderbird/{default}/Mail/{mailhost}/ directory.
>>
>> I have done that in the past when I had a similar problem.
>>

> Nothing is working! At new start TB displays always the same trash with
> the same contents...
>
> Something is written somewhere and we do not know where...

After you empty the trash, what are the file sizes of the Trash files?

  > ls -l ~/.thunderbird/{default}/Mail/{mailhost}/Trash*

I empty my Trash files and I get
-rw------- 1 xxxxxx xxxxx    0 May 25 09:29 Trash
-rw-r--r-- 1 xxxxxx xxxxx 1670 May 25 09:29 Trash.msf

Check the file permissions as well.

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
    anything that is a priority, please phone.