What DVD drive works with Fedora?

John bowden j-alan at btconnect.com
Fri May 25 23:02:10 UTC 2007

On Friday 25 May 2007 16:00:17 Robin Laing wrote:
> Shams wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've got a LG GSA-H10N and it works well with Fedora 6. Although the dvd
> > write speed is a bit slow, don't know if
> > this an issue with gnomebaker? But using k3B in Fedora 5 was working
> > better I think.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Shams
>
> I have the LG GSA-H10N as well.  What I have found is the DMA access
> will change for no reason that I can find.  I am still using FC4 on the
> machine until Fedora 7 is out.  This will destroy the burn and run
> slower and slower.
>
> Just found this problem in the last couple of months.
>
> I have used LG's since day one with Fedora and have only had the above
> issue.
>
> --
> Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
>     anything that is a priority, please phone.
> Robin Laing

How old or how much use has the DVD writer had? You might try running a
cleaning disk through it, other wise it may be that the tracking is on way
out, or it does not like the brand of disk. Upgrading the DVD's firm ware can
cure this.

--
Guy Fawkes, the only man to enter the house's of parliment
with honest intentions, (he was going to blow them up!)