DVD RW hardware recommendations

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon May 28 14:53:06 UTC 2007

Max Pyziur wrote:
> Greetings
>
> Am in the last phase of specing a Intel Core 2 Duo Box.
>
> I've used http://www.linuxquestions.org/hcl/ as a resource, but it seems
> that the recommendations which they make are no longer produced/marketed.
>
> Could someone recommend a DVD RW internal drive (and whether the '-', '+',
> or the '+/-' is preferred).
>
> Much thanks.
>
> Max Pyziur
> pyz at brama.com

I will say LG as I have never had a Linux based problem with LG drives.
  I had a power supply take one out though.

They work for all media and I have burned everything except DVD-RAM.

I have used 4 different models with one failing and replaced under
warranty due to a flaky power supply.

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
    anything that is a priority, please phone.