f7rc2: some package is missing + howto update

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Tue May 29 10:13:16 UTC 2007

Il giorno mar, 29/05/2007 alle 10.09 +0930, Tim ha scritto:
> On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 01:41 +0200, Dario Lesca wrote:
> >  o telnet-server
> >  o compat-libstdc++
> >  o dhcpd
> >
> > are this package installed by default?
>
> I can't imagine why any of those would be installed by default.  A
> telnet server is quite a vulnerability, you only should install it if
> you can't avoid it.
.. or if I run on server some apps only used in local lan and the old
emulator needed from application not support ssh.

>   Compatability libraries are for running old things,
> you'd only need them if installing old things.
Yes, I must run on server proprietary old things.

>   Needing a DHCP server
> isn't something everyone needs, and a rogue one running on a network is
> a serious problem.  Servers like that should be installed when needed.
Yes, I have needed to install DHCP server + dynamic DNS into a network
without a DHCP server.
No problem, ... yum install dhcp ... but I have not found it into setup
package list ...

Thanks

--
Dario Lesca <d.lesca at solinos.it>